tirsdag 19. januar 2010

Reinfried Marass






























Reinfried Marass – Austrian, professional photographer, born 1960 in Vienna. I started photography at age of 18 after my graduation as mechanical engineer.
My work was internationally acknowledged and awarded at some of the world’s most prestigious photographic contests. My photographs have been published in numerous international magazines and books - primarily covers, full pages, double-spreads or centerfolds.
The positioning and relationship of points, lines and areas in my photographs is influenced by and dictated by the famous German ‘Bauhaus’ that combined crafts and the fine arts and operated from 1919 to 1933. These rules can be found in many of my photographs. In addition I introduced ‘Fibonacci Harmonic Levels’ to photography.
I grew up in Neulengbach, a small Austrian town where ‘Egon Schiele’ lived, worked and finally was prisoned for his erotic paintings and drawings. This can be called my first contact with art, and elements of Schiele’s work can be found in my photographs.
I have always been in touch with classic cars and exotic cars. Automotive photography is a part of my work in many cases.
I do photography on location by using available light. I never have owned a flash or similar lighting equipment. In general I love to work with minimal equipment. Thus I can be fully concentrated on the ’sujet’.
For my personal work I’m a strictly follower of the ‘Codex’ – There exists an unwritten ‘contract’ between the photographer and the viewer. This ‘contract’ states that the photograph must reflect the truth. Digital post-processing is used in a minimalist way only, just to enhance technical quality – not to create fake shots or fake light situation. In my opinion ’sticking to this rule’ becomes even more important in the digital era of photography.
Reinfried Marass, 2005

Bibliography

2009 – Gallery Stock – Licensing images of the world’s premier photographers (US / UK)
2009 – Feature: PDN – Photo of the Day 31st July 2009 (US)
2009 – Feature: David LaChapelle | Patrick Demarchelier | Reinfried Marass at Dynaphos
2009 – Feature at Art & Kamera (ES)
2009 – Feature: Perhaps The Most Beautiful Photograph … (US)
2009 – Feature: Car Girls at ‘I’m nothing like magazine materials (EE)
2009 – Feature: Car and Woman at Freedom Cars (RU)
2009 – Feature: Girls by Cars at BMW E34 (DE)
2009 – Feature: Jeans Girl – Photo of The Week – Auto Classic Magazine (DE)
2009 – Healey Marque Magazine – January 2009 issue – Editorial section and pages 22,23,24,25,26,27 (US)
2009 – Woman Magazine, Austria’s leading women and lifestyle magazine – February 2009 issue, pages 25,26 (AT)
2009 – Rev Counter Magazine – April 2009 – Cover, editorial, pages 8,9,10,11,12 (GB)
2009 – ePhotozine (US)
2008 – Healey Marque Magazine – April 2008 – Pages 22,23 (US)
2008 – Automotive Artists (US)
2008 – Feature: Car Girls at Autodeclics (CA)
2008 – The Black and White Spider Awards (US)
2008 – Weird-O-Matic (RO)
2007 – Auto Motor and Sport Magazine – December 2007 – Cover and pages 18,19,24,25 (SK)
2007 – Creative Hub (US)
2007 – Boote Blog (DE)
2007 – Applied Arts Magazine (CA)
2007 – The Picture Professional Magazine (US)
2007 – The British Railway Magazine 2007 (GB)
2006 – NPS Nikon Professional Services (AT)
2006 - World Water Ski Racing (NZ)

2 kommentarer: